Beginners to intermediate skiers love the Atomic Affinity Pure. Atomic keeps the weight of the Pure low with the help of the Densolite Core, which is made out of foam that soaks up vibrations, while keeping the ski agile. To aid with stability the Pure has a Titanium Stabilizer that sits underneath the Densolite Core that improves the stability as you start skiing at faster speeds, and increases the torsional strength for consistent edge hold. The V-Shaped Body has a tail that is narrower than the tip to reduce fatigue, and make turning easier for you. All Mountain Rocker has 15% of the tip made with rocker for easy turn initiation, and the remaining 85% of the ski has traditional camber for improved edge hold and rebound. Atomic's Stepdown Sidewall Construction has a vertical sidewall underfoot for a better grip on firm snow, cap construction on the rest of the ski to make it more maneuverable and easy to control for the lighter weight or less technically proficient skier that is ready to progress quickly. If you are a true beginner that wants a ski that will help them improve rapidly, or the intermediate looking for value in a lightweight and easy to control ski, the Atomic Affinity Pure is a great ski for you.
Hi, I'm Brigitte and I just got off the Atomic Affinity Pure. I give this ski a 4 out of 5 stars. It's supposed to be for a beginner/intermediate but I would lean more towards an intermediate. If you are a beginner and you want to get a little more challenge, it's a nice wide ski and it turns very easily. It grips its edge. I felt really stable on it too. And I give it a 4 out of 5 stars.
Hi, I'm Marcia. I just got off the Atomic Affinity Pure Skis. I give these skis a 4 out of 5 skis. They're really good for intermediate skier. They're a little bit stiffer than I normally ski although I felt very stable in them, I felt very controlled. They took the turns very well. Again, I give these a 4 out of 5 stars and they're good for an intermediate skier.
Hi, I'm Julie. I just got off the Atomic Affinity Pure. I give this ski a 3 out of 5 star rating. I thought it was a good ski for beginner to intermediate level skier. It gets a little bit chattery at speeds and, for being part of the more all-mountain focused collection, I thought it could have handled a better in a variable snow condition. All in all it's a really lightweight ski with very predictable turns so good for a beginner.
Hi, my name's Jessica. I just got off the Atomic Affinity Pure. I rate this ski a 4 out of 5. It's great for the beginner looking to move into the intermediate level skiing. It got a little chattered at fast speeds but held a good edge when you were making your turns. It was really good on short turns, got a little shaky at longer turns but overall 4 out of 5 star ski for me and great for beginner to intermediate.
A: We can only install bindings if boots are purchased with the skis and bindings. The actual boot that is going into the bindings must be present for proper installation, adjustment, a visual inspection, and release testing. Please understand that this is a precaution taken for the users safety. A local shop that is certified for Atomic and Salomon Bindings can install them properly for you. A 12 pack of beer makes a great tip for the guy mounting your skis.
Answered : Nov 28, 2016
By : Adam, Midwest
Q: I'm 5'-1" 105 lbs female, but I'm strong for my size. I have only been skiing once (4 day trip to colorado) but I'm a fast learner - several people on the trip said they've never seen someone learn to ski as fast as me. I'm looking at a first pair of skis and getting a lot of warnings not to buy something I'll outgrow/ overpower quickly, but I also don't want to buy something too advanced... would this be a good ski for me, and what length would you recommend? Most of my skiing will probably be out west, but will likely do some in NC/ WV too.
A: Based on your weight and athleticism the 148cm Affinity Pure would be perfect for you. Easy to learn with, but will still offer you solid control and stability once you get to be an intermediate skier.